It all starts with an idea. After meeting with the client I will take the allotted time to generate as many ideas as possible. Once a direction is chosen, I refine it down to a nearly finished sculpture or painting.
- 2d Thumbnails and Sketches
- Rough 3d Sculpture
- 3d/2d Hybrid Work (preferred method)
- Finished Concept Maquettes
Once a design is finished it will need a polished digital sculpture. If we start in 3d, this can be the quickest part of the project.
- Finished “T-Pose” Digital Sculptures
- Ready for a Variety of Digital Productions (film, games, etc.)
- Finished “Posed” Models (for product or maquette)
- Final Detailing
Once a model is ready, a low-res version of the character is created where it is UV’d and the high-res details are baked down to the lowest level. Maps are created to simulate the materials it needs and the character is then ready for rigging/animation.
- Low Poly Modeling
- Baking Maps (ao, normal, etc.)
- Painting/Creation of New Maps
- Base Material Setup
For feature films, commercials and cinematic-level needs, a higher-end asset is required. Final needs can be in any software or rendering package but the results are…
- Animation Friendly Topology
- High-Res Texture Maps
- Displacement Maps
- Materials for Each Surface
- Morph Targets
- Basic Lighting Tests
Output to Real World
Be it milling, resin or anything in between, prepping digital assets to be turned into real world objects is an art in itself.
- Creating Watertight Assets
- Keying & Slicing Objects for Production
- Working with Production Teams
I offer live, on-site presentations for companies or one-on-one training.
- Personal Lessons
- Presentations for Companies (Pixologic, Gnomon, etc.)
- Consultation for New Pipelines